Hilton Grand Vacations is looking for a Senior Director of Global Labor Relations to join the team! As such, you would act as an internal consultant in the development of processes and programs, and execution of tactics, in alignment with global labor strategies. In this role, you would collaborate with various partners on the development and implementation of strategies to maintain a union free environment where a collective bargaining agreement does not currently exist. This critical role collaborates with internal and external partners to be the lead negotiator and point of contact with all existing unions.
You will participate in and support the overall planning and management of our labor relations efforts to ensure that they are consistent with HGV priorities and align with legal requirements. As a Labor Relations Sr Director you will also, build Labor Relations programs, tools and resources, incorporating standard methodologies, to serve as resources and encourage consistency and accountability in the management of labor issues.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as primary contact for labor relations matters, including labor union discussions, contract compliance, team member grievance management, and notification requirements related to acquisitions and new location development.
- Manage and direct responses to union organizing activity and coordinates union election campaigns, including management training, interacting with unions and the NLRB, and representing the company in litigation and ULP charges before the NLRB.
- Partner with Legal and Client Leadership to formulate collective bargaining positions and strategies for union contract bargaining.
- Assists internal partners and outside counsel with arbitration preparation, provide mentorship to client leadership and act as liaison with appropriate Legal support for contract development and arbitrations. Serve as company representative during contract discussions, establishing mutually beneficial outcomes and or limiting company expense.
- Build and maintain relationships with recognized union organizations.
- Collaborate with Communications Team in order to synchronize internal / external communications and activities as related to global labor related events.
- Captures data/information on labor activity within markets containing company product. Provides updates to client teams of possible impacts.
- Leads and facilitates labor relations training.
- Prepare reports, using records of action concerning grievances, arbitration case, and labor relations activities, to identify problem areas and trends. Collaborate with leadership to develop strategies and address opportunities.
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years of additional work experience in lieu of
- 7+ years running a labor function
- 4+ years of managerial experience
- Professional level experience in union environment, including collective bargaining, union campaigns and union avoidance strategy
- Solid understanding of labor law
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written, suitable for collective bargaining and contract development, mediation presentation, report writing
- Proven ability to cost various options on economic portions of labor contracts during discussions.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master’s Degree
- Previous hospitality experience
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- 10+ years related experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.