At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – Tax Technology and Transformation – Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It"s yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
With new tools, trends and technologies constantly emerging, the tax function is consistently changing. Just staying up to date is a challenging task. And that’s why some of the most high-profile companies worldwide look to our team to create efficiencies around tax process, data and technology. As a Tax Technology and Transformation Staff member, you’ll be right at the heart of that goal, supporting clients by solving their strategic and operational challenges encountered on a daily basis.
EY’s Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice is organized to help clients navigate the rapid innovation in operations, harness the potential of data as an asset, and address the new and unprecedented challenges, risks and opportunities that come with change of this magnitude. It brings together more than 1,000 tax transformation strategists, innovation and technology professionals to help clients draft and execute on a connected tax operational strategy, from incremental improvements to full-scale transformation. Our growth all comes down to an entrepreneurial culture, where new approaches are nurtured and leaders are ready to take measured risks to ensure we stay one step ahead of the market. Tax functions are always looking for ways to enhance their processes to meet their strategic goals. How we help to achieve these goals is by covering a diverse range of services, including process improvement, organization strategy and operating model design, robotics, technology implementation and enhancements, so you’ll be learning highly sought-after skills on each project you support.
The industries EY serves are constantly changing, and with that management is requiring the tax organization to think differently about their operations. EY focuses on a variety of industries, including, but not limited to: automotive and transportation, consumer products, health and life sciences, media and entertainment, mining and metals, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology. Additionally, we have differentially invested in an industry structure that focuses on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO). Candidates electing to join the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
Everything you do will come back to improving our clients’ end-to-end processes, data and operations. You’re likely to be directly embedded within our clients’ offices for much of your week, building relationships and getting to know their cultures, challenges and goals. That could mean attending meetings, directly working on project deliverables and participating in influential conversations with key stakeholders in leadership. Our clients are located nationwide, so travel will be a part of the role.
Your key responsibilities
What we look for
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks and monitoring them until completion
- Identifying ways to automate manual tasks using existing and emerging technologies
- Consolidating tax data to make analysis and planning more efficient
- Improving reporting capabilities to enhance our clients’ ability to evaluate risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Supporting project team members in any way needed to help ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Researching innovative technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning and preparing business use case for applicability
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you
- An achieved or predicted bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Management Information Systems or Computer Science
- Excellent communication and business-writing skills
- A natural flair for problem solving, and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the confidence to prioritize your workload within tight deadlines
- The flexibility to work consistently, both individually and as part of a focused team
- A data management background, with an understanding of common tools and principles
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What you can expect
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. Applicants for jobs in our offices in Colorado, Connecticut and Nevada can find more information here
. What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.